Are you familiar with chia seeds? Yes, they're the same thing that created the green hair growing out of that Mr. T Chia Pet you had on your kitchen counter back in the day. Apparently they're an Omega-3 Superfood. Are they delicious? I don't think they have a taste, really. They are more of a texture, a slimy, viscous texture.
I recently tried this juice smoothie from Trader Joe's that features ch-ch-ch-chia. It only has three ingredients: apple juice, strawberry puree, and chia seeds. The flavor is all strawberry. If you can get past all of the tiny little seed particles in it (and I can) it's good stuff. That's a lot of fruit sugar though, so you might want to go easy on the stuff.
What I ate today:
• raw mixed nuts
• 1/2 Trader Joe's Strawberry Chia 100% Juice Smoothie
• salad - lettuce, almonds, micro greens w/olive oil, nutritional yeast
• frozen green and red grapes
• celery with cashew cheese from the farmer's market
• green juice - celery, apple, cucumber, lettuce, kale, spinach, lime, lemon, parsley