I spent Saturday night having dinner with my friends; the friend doing the Whole30, the friend who doesn't eat red meat, dairy or gluten, the omnivore friend, and me, the raw vegan. What did we come up with in the food department? Gazpacho with avocado, spinach salad, roasted vegetables, tofu chocolate pudding and mixed berries. Everyone found a few things they could eat and we did all manage to get full, and as always, had a great time.
Yesterday was my birthday. I knew I would be in restaurants for brunch and dinner so I set aside the raw and just went vegan for the day. Brunch was vegan chillaquilles, dinner was grilled vegetable tacos. There were some sweets too including vegan coconut cake. Fabulous. Today I'm back to raw.
What I ate today:
• berries - strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
• mixed nuts
• one - Two Raw Moms blueberry burst bar
• green juice - apples, spinach, cucumber, celery, parsley, lemon, lime, ginger
• green salad - kale, char, spinach w/olive oil and nutritional yeast
• celery sticks with guacamole
• of course, more coffee