We made it through the eating-est holiday of the year and kept on the vegan track. My mother-in-law brought turkey for the meat eaters. Everything else was vegan-ified. We had five meat eaters in the crew and four veggie/vegans. The menu looked like this:
- Celebration Roast - a vegan nut and vegetable loaf thing. It was pretty good. (Whole Foods)
- Dried Apricot and Black Currant Stuffing - my favorite recipe with Earth's Balance "butter" substituted for the real thing, and vegan stuffing mix substituted for the regular. It was fantastic. Couldn't tell the difference.
- Mashed Potatoes - I made these with Earth's Balance faux butter and a little salt and they were great.
- Vegan Mushroom Gravy - This was pre-made and sort of meh. (Whole Foods)
- Caramelized Brussel Sprouts w/ Toasted Garlic
- Sauteed Carrots w/ Honey and Lemon
- Bread Rolls - vegan
- Cranberry Sauce - just raw cranberries with a little sugar and some orang zest
- Vegan Coconut Cake - I bought this from Real Food Daily and it was terrific
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie - I ordered this from Real Food Daily too and it was terrible. Really terrible, like no one ate more than a bite and we threw the rest away terrible.
- Sparkling Juice
- Red Wine for the drinkers
This whole thing was much easier to pull off than I had anticipated.
For a list of what I ate Friday and Saturday, consult the list above.