So... yesterday. It was my friend Jennifer's birthday and a group of us met for dim sum in Rosemead. Trying to stay vegan at dim sum is a challenge and raw is not an option but I made the vegan part happen. There was some sauteed spinach-y broccoli-ish vegetable, a tofu thing, and something called "fungus pocket." It was great. And then there was birthday cake. Beautiful, sweet and delicious, non-vegan birthday cake. I had a piece and managed not to go down in flames. I felt fine afterward.
At dinner I found myself at Antigua in Highland Park. I had to decide whether I was getting the side salad or a vegetable sandwich. I chose the veg sandwich. With fries. No raw yesterday.
Today I'm back.
What I ate today:
• 2 pears
• handful Brazil nuts
• Trader Joe's Cold Pressed Green Juice
• carrots w/ eggplant hummus
• dark chocolate w/raisins and pecans
• Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar All Natural Drink (Grassroots)
• spinach salad w/avocado, micro greens, green onions, tomato, pine nuts, ginger dressing
• sauteed zucchini, collard greens, chard w/red onions,