Today I went to donate some blood platelets for a friend who's in the hospital. I've donated before, but today, even though my iron count was normal, it wasn't high enough for me to donate. I was sent home with instructions on how to raise my iron levels and a new appointment set for Saturday morning.
I went shopping for a bunch of iron rich foods and I guess I have a pretty clear idea of what I'll be eating for the next few days. I'll be able to stay vegan, mostly raw, except for some enriched cereals that I'll have with rice milk.
What I ate today:
• 2 bananas
• macadamia nuts
• cream of wheat
• gigantic apple/beet juice (Grassroots)
• Trader Joe's Coconut Water
• sun-dried organic raisins
• All Bran cereal w/almond milk
• handful of goji berries
• hummus w/carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes