Today we had lunch with family at a restaurant that offered a dried out side of steamed vegetables, but an okay dinner salad.
By 6:00pm I had dinner salad burn-out. I needed something more substantial. I searched online and found a place that had vegan items and things that Bob would like too. We drove quite awhile to get there and then found that it wasn't open. We then went to a Vietnamese place that had been recommended to us and there was a wait. Jeff was off trying to find a parking spot while Bob and I waited for a table. As we sat there, Bob quizzed me on the menu and then let me know that he wasn't interested in anything they had. I texted Jeff, who was still looking for a place to park, that Bob and I had changed our minds and he could find us at the taco bar across the street.
I was relieved to find that J.J.'s Tacos had a vegetarian taco. I got it without the cheese. They also had terrific guacamole and okay beans and rice. Saved.
What I ate today:
• trail mix - almonds, raisins, dried cranberries, pistachios, dried cherries
• side steamed vegetables - carrots, broccoli, yellow peppers (Bonefish Grill)
• side salad - romaine, pumpkin seeds, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives w/viniagrette (Bonefish Grill)
• vegetarian taco - mushroom, asparagus, corn, onions sprouts, cilantro (JJs Tacos)
• guacamole and yes, chips (JJs Tacos)
• salsa (JJs Tacos)
• beans and rice (JJs Tacos)