A few years ago, in a kid's nutrition class I took at Bob's school, the instructor told us to tell the kids to "Eat the rainbow." They were to keep track of how many different colors of fruits and vegetables they ate during the day and see if they could make a rainbow out of it. Today was a big fat rainbow.
We went for brunch today to a place in Culver City called Cafe Vida. They had a lot of vegan options. I got the Organic Vegetable Bowl. Excellent. Also a green juice. Lovely. It was a lot of food.
What I ate today:
• green juice - kale, spinach, parsley, celery, green apple
• Organic Vegetable Bowl - cauliflower, broccoli, sun-dried tomato, carrot, zucchini, yellow squash, avocado, tofu w/quinoa (Cafe Vida)
• Palapa Azul Watermelon Frozen Bar (Bristol Farms)
• green salad - red lettuce, baby kale, pea shoots, radishes, avocado, almonds, ginger dressing
• yellow vegetable curry w/brown rice (left-over from last night)