Today my friend Karen and I were on the phone and at some point ended up comparing what weird old food we had left in our purses. (We're close like that.) She had some kind of nut mix, I had a half eaten box of raisins. Cut to me in a doctor's office waiting room three hours later and hungry. Yep, I ate the vintage raisins. They were delicious OR they were just average raisins that were a little stuck together from being in the bottom of the box in my purse and I was just starving. It's a glamorous life.
Yesterday, I bought a new kind of bar when I was in my buy-everything mood - Raw Revolution Siprulina Dream. The Raw Revolution people get points for not using any puns in their marketing. Out of the package, the bar was sort of black with green flecks in it. The ingredients were the usuals - cashews, dates, sunflower seeds, agave, almonds, sprouted flax plus spirulina. If you're not familiar with spirulina, it's an algae super food. (Hence, the green flecks.) It had the consistency of a Lara Bar. It was fine. Just fine.
What I ate today:
• Raw Revolution Organic Live Food Bar "Spirulina Dream" - (Bristol Farms)
• 1 banana
• 1 avocado
• 8 Brazil nuts
• half a box of weird old raisins
• popsicle - Palapa Azul Smart Pop (Bristol Farms)
• salad - butter lettuce, avocado, olive oil, Himalayan pink salt, Lick Foods garlic dill cashew spread (natural foods store)
• green beans - lightly sauteed with olive oil, Himalayan pink salt (vegan not totally raw)