Have we talked about Cafe Gratitude yet? There are a couple of them in LA. It's vegan and also has some fantastic raw/v stuff too. The problem is, that at Cafe Gratitude, all of the items on the menu have names like "I am dazzling," "I am gracious," "I am fulfilled." If you try to just order the food by the name of what it is, "I'd like the raw pad thai, please," the server will answer, "Oh, you mean the I Am Terrific?" I always feel like I should go off menu and order the "I am self-conscious." Who wouldn't be, saying those names? The thing is though, the food is excellent.
My friend Molly was visiting from Ohio and she was nice enough to have lunch with me at Cafe Gratitude today. She had the I Am Dazzling and we shared a delightful I Am Awakening. Now? I Am Full.
What I ate today:
• banana, nectarine, green grapes
• 6 Brazil nuts
• lemonade - this had sugar in it so it wasn't raw
• raw/v pad thai - kelp noodles, almond sauce with carrots, red bell pepper, shredded kale (Cafe Gratitude)
• cacao smoothie w/ a shot of coffee - almond milk, figs, dates, raw cacao, vanilla bean (Cafe Gratitude)
• vegan key lime pie - avocado lime custard topped with coconut meringue, with a pecan macadamia date crust (Cafe Gratitude)
• Raw Revolution Coconut Delight Bar (natural food store)
• salad - baby kale, Lick Food cashew garlic dill spread, avocado, sprouted sunflower seeds