I drove my neighbor to a doctor's appointment today. There was a monitor in the waiting room playing the CNN Accent Health Channel. One of the pieces was a cooking bit about how to make a "healthier cheese sauce." Healthy-er as if traditional cheese sauce is somehow healthy to begin with. The new modified cheese sauce contained butter, canola oil, salt, and white flour along with cheddar cheese. I'm still trying to figure out where the healthy comes in. After making this sauce, the chef poured it over a large platter of (formerly healthy) steamed broccoli. I felt like I was in Bizarro Nutrition Land.
What I ate today:
• leftover Thai food from last night (It was one of those mornings.)
• air popped pop corn w/ olive oil, sea salt
• stuffed grape leaves - brown rice, lemon juice, red peppers, tomato paste, olive oil, salt, pepper (Bristol Farms)
• Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar All Natural Honey Drink (Bristol Farms)
• Palupa Azul Frozen Watermelon Fruit Bar (Bristol Farms)