Today I was on the westside at lunchtime. I tried a place called "Lyfe Kitchen." I figured if they had the new age nads to spell life with a Y, they had to have some raw/v there. As it turned out, they had a pretty good sized vegan menu but not one raw selection. It was suggested by the woman helping me that I could get the Kale Caesar with no dressing and no croutons and no parmesan which would make it a bowl of raw kale. No thanks, I do that enough at home.
I picked a vegan tofu taco - so it was vegan but not raw. It was really good, but I actually didn't feel that great afterwards. I can't be sure, I think it was the tortillas. I also got a smoothie which was green but didn't taste very "green" and I can't believe I'm saying this but that was actually a let down. I know. It's weird.
What I ate today:
• 1 pear
• 2 goji, maca, coconut macaroons
• pineapple coconut water
• 1 banana
• 2 tofu tacos - tofu, chayote slaw, avocado, cilantro, green onion, chipotle salsa, corn tortillas
• kale banana smoothie - kale, ginger banana, cucumber, apple, lemon
• green juice - cucumber, celery, kale, arugula, cilantro, lemon, ginger (This was REAL green juice.)
• curtido - Salvadoran spicy, pickled cabbage