That big beautiful thing I barely use anymore.
I've been reading up on how one goes about making their own almond milk. I've heard the homemade stuff is better for lots of reasons (taste, price, health-stuff). Apparently the hardcore almond milk people (you know who you are) use something in the process called a "Nut Milk Bag." The name ginches me out a little. I don't think I can go there yet. But never say never.
For dinner we went out to a vegan place. I got a green vegetable curry as my "warm" vegan meal of the week. It tasted good but I didn't feel great after I ate. I might be able to attribute that to the couple of bites I took of my son's faux-chicken parmesan. I'm usually not good with textured vegetable protein. I've been doing this one warm vegan meal a week thing because I thought I would miss warm food so much, but I really don't. I'm starting to think I can live without it and be just as happy.
What I ate today:
• 1 banana
• smoothie made by my husband - mixed berries, mango, almond milk, and Sun Warrior raw vegan protein powder (protein powder courtesy of my friend Jerry)
• leftover cauliflower rice from last night
• wrap (WrawP) with avocado, lettuce, and paprika cashew cheese
• Evolution Fresh Sweet Greens and Lemon drink - celery, apple, cucumber, spinach, romaine, kale, lime, lemon, parsley, wheat grass, clover sprouts (Bristol Farms Market)
• handful raw organic white mulberries
• 8 raw Manzanilla olives
• 1 summer roll - jicama, carrot, lettuce, avocado
• green vegetable curry - eggplant, broccoli, onion, bell pepper, brown rice
• iced tea