I was back at Kind Kreme today, this time with my husband, Jeff. I tried the raw tacos. These were pretty good. The taco stuff was served inside two red cabbage cups. It was a lot of intense cabbage-ness. I couldn't do all the cabbage so I mostly ate the filling which was kale, carrots, cashew cheese, cucumber, avocado, and something called "Almondrizo." (Really?) Almondrizo is an almond dust that has chorizo spices. It came with raw crackers that I dipped in a raw cashew paprika spread that I got at the natural food store yesterday. It was fantastic. I could eat that spread on everything.
Every other month, my friend Jennifer hosts a Girl Night at her place, for four of us lady-pals. We recently figured out that we have been doing some version of this get-together for the past nineteen years. Jennifer is an excellent, creative and thoughtful chef. Two of us at Girl Night are doing the raw/v and the other two are adventurous. She came up with some excellent things we could all enjoy.
No PMS symptoms this month (I attribute this to the raw/v) and I lost another pound today, you guys. High five.
What I ate today:
• coffee (Make that COFFEE)
• 1 banana
• 1 pear
• 1 loquat
• 2 raw tacos
• 8 raw crackers with Lick Cafe (seriously) raw paprika cashew spread
• 1 green juice - kale, spinach, cucumber, lemon, ginger
• handful of sprouted sunflower seeds
• Mexican cauliflower "rice" - tiny cauliflower pieces mixed with tomato, onion, cilantro, garlic, fresh corn, and avocado
• green apple and tomatillo salad
• mango and raspberry granita