When it came time to name this blog, every name I could come up with either sounded porn-y or tongue -twisterish. Even the name I finally chose, My Raw Blog, reminds me of the "Bob Loblaw Law Blog" from Arrested Development.
Meanwhile there's this raw/v fudge. (Yes, I'm trying to make raw/v a thing.) Oh my God you guys, this fudge is super easy and tastes like real dessert not just "pretty good for vegan food." It is really fast and easy to make. I blended the ingredients by hand, didn't need a blender. I've done it a few times now and I'm thinking I should just have some in the freezer for always in the event of chocolate emergencies. It's really rich so you won't feel like eating a lot. Eat it right out of the freezer or it gets all melty and messy.
You can find the recipe at The Culinary Life.
Here's what I ate today:
• 1 banana
• tomatoes/snap peas/carrots/jicama - This was from one of those little Trader Joe's boxes that's divided into quarters. You find them in the refrigerated vegetable section.
• cranberry nut bar - The brand is Two Moms in the Raw (more porn titles) and I got it at Whole Foods where it was hilariously overpriced.
• one small raw mixed green juice from Whole Foods - I can't remember everything that was in it but I know that kale and spinach were involved. It tasted like the smell of fresh cut lawn but after a few sips, I got used to it.
• 1 avocado with Himalayan pink salt - the pink salt is a thing with the vegans and the raw people. It's supposed to be better for you than regular table salt somehow and it tastes great. I got mine at the grocery store. (Von's)
• mixed berries and pineapple